This season at London Collection: Men an athletic and honed body has been key for the catwalk. Whether getting ready for a special event or maintaining a toned body, keeping a healthy and active lifestyle is important to maintain a model physique. So who else is best place to help you get that body shape than personal trainer to the stars Matt Roberts.
Here are his top 10 tips on how to develop a great body:
- Drink 100ml of water per hour throughout the day. Drinking consistently little by little will help promote a good metabolism, keeping you constantly hydrated and helps to burn fat.
- When on the go try and cut out any refined or processed carbs such as pasta and bread, as these products can disturb the natural digestion and can cause bloating. Eat lots of fresh green vegetables (full of antioxidants) and protein good for skin and hair.
- Only see fruit as a treat for a rare indulgence this is due to the high sugar content. For a natural sugar kick before a work out pick up an apple or pear to help increase blood circulation.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks, as these can make you slump in energy causing poor food choices.
- Squats and lunges will help with increasing growth hormone in your body. Making your upper body overall bigger including back chest and arms and this will improve overall metabolism to burn fat and promote a better all-round physique.
- Press ups with arm extensions will train chest and arms, giving a natural upper body physique, while improving posture and back flexibility.
- Even out and stretch the mid back and shoulders by doing the Lying cobra. This will even out posture and widens the back. Start by lying on your front with arms flat out, slowly raise arms out in front, in a Y shape position while looking up a stretching holding for one second. Repeat 10-12 reps.
- Resistance bands work by creating more tension on the muscles as the range of motion increases. Start by standing on both feet (or one depending on difficulty) shoulder width a part and raise arms to desired work out.
- McGill sit ups can help improve all round core abs separating lower left and right abs. Lie on your back with one leg bent and the other straight, place your hands under the arch of your lower back to support. Keep elbows slightly off the floor and slowly sit up half way without letting your feet raise off the floor. Repeat 10-12 reps each side.
- Get a good 8 hours of sleep to help aid recovery and promote appearance of skin.