In the second of 12 monthly how-to videos from River Island sees liquor aficionado Jack Daniels (no joke, that’s his real name), showing us gents how to mix up a cocktail storm. Jack gives a slick rendition of the finest cocktails, in the luxurious surroundings of The Libertine members club in Central London.
Watch the video above to see Jack mix up three of his favorite gent-worthy cocktails, whilst looking very dapper in River Island tailoring.
Check out his recipe below (with some tips from me) for an Old Fashioned should you wish to try make it yourself.
- 50ml dark spirit (bourbon, rum or whiskey) – I like Makers Mark!
- 10ml sugar syrup – or one sugar cube.
- A few dashes of Angostura bitters to taste.
- Stir with ice until chilled – and then stir again to make sure its cold.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice (lots of ice) – a low rise glass with a heavy bottom is good for this.
- Garnish with orange twist and cherry.
My own version is a little sweeter. I like to muddle a slice of orange and 3 morello cherries in the glass before adding any ingredients. It gives the Old Fashioned a slightly sweet and fruity taste, so the lady in your life may also enjoy it with you.