I am so excited about this dish. Anything with sticky beef in the title is exciting, and I can guarantee you will agree when you make, and taste this.
- 1 Beef steak, cut of your choice
- Romaine salad leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 25g of fresh coconut, grated
Marinade and dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 fat garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- In a large bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients. Place the steak in the marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes, but ideally overnight.
- Heat the grill to full heat and cook for approximately 2 minutes each side, (for medium rare) depending on how you like your steak cooked.
- Dress the plate with salad and chopped tomatoes.
- Carefully slice the warm beef and place on top of the lettuce.
- Pour over the remaining marinade (you can make more from scratch if needed) and shave fresh coconut over the top.
- Eat immediately and enjoyLove Francesca
I have used slow cooked beef ribs, left over from Sunday lunch, for these pictures (they are also great bbq’d). You can do the same but a juicy steak works just as well if not better!
If you want to try the recipe with ribs, cooking from raw, they will need approximately 3-4 hours on a low heat, until incredibly tender. If using leftovers, simply marinade as above and pop in the oven for 25 minutes until warmed through.
Read more at:
Blog – Francescas Fitness Kitchen
Twitter – @fitnesskitchen